Tuesday, November 19, 2013

New introductory heterodox macro textbook, "Principles of Macroeconomics: Activist vs. Austerity Policies"

New introductory heterodox macroeconomics textbook (see here) by acclaimed writers, Howard J. Sherman & Michael Meeropol (whom I was a student of). In similar vein as E.K Hunt and Howard J. Sherman's "Economics: An Introduction to Traditional and Radical Views," the authors stress the inherent instability of the capitalist macro-economy. Moreover, the entire book, as the subtitle indicates, centers on the debate between activist and austerity policies. Hence, it takes on many of the most important issues related to what has become known as the Great Recession.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting.I had Howard (as well as Fred Lee, Bob Pollin and Nai-Pew Ong) as teachers when visiting University of California Riverside for a semester back in the early 80s. Great experience. Sad to say I haven't followed Howard's doings since then, but I'll certainly try o catch up on that and order the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had E.K Hunt as a teacher, whom Sherman co-wrote many articles and books. If you are interested, I can send you some of Sherman's recent work. Let me know.

      Best,
      David

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working my way through this book now and really appreciating it.

    ReplyDelete

Atonella Stirarti's Godley-Tobin Lecture

There was a problem during the 7th Godley-Tobin Lecture. I disconnected everyone when I was trying to fix a problem with Professor Stirati&#...